Thursday, January 20, 2011

Deliciously Different

I love design, creativity and uniqueness - and I'm always on the look out for items with 'that point of difference'.  I often stumble across bits and bobs that I want to share with others, so I thought I would add into my blog from time to time some "deliciously different" items I've found. 


"Keep the Faith" Bottle Top Pendant

I am always on the look out for vintage, retro and recycled pieces and fell in love with this - partly because I loved the message as well.  I'm a firm believer in recycling, revamping and renewing, and this little darling is US$15 plus $4 postage and handling.  I think it's well worth every cent.

Jimmy Choo Studded Uggs

I definitely don't encourage wearing ugg boots out in public (and yes I live in the Hutt Valley where doing this is considered completely normal!), however if you were to purchase these Jimmy Choos then I would forgive you.  They retail for US$800 (!!!) but if you want to grab a bargain this new pair is nearly half price.  For a mere US$495 you can be the proud owner of this gorgeous pair.  Lets hope knock offs are available in New Zealand soon - I am sure they will appeal to many a hutt chick!


Alexia Wine Range

I recently discovered this Wairarapa Sauvignon Blanc at a tasting in my local New World Supermarket.  To be honest I usually prefer my Sav from the Marlborough region, however I was quickly convinced to take home a bottle as it was on special and it has a lovely story behind the name!  It's a lovely drop so if you pop into your local supermarket this week you may pick up a bargain - the vintage I purchased is 2008 and it's full of body and at the perfect stage to enjoy.  Don't cellar, enjoy now!  Here's the story behind Alexia:

I launched my own wine label in 2000 in memory of Alexia, my maternal grandmother. I always remember her as very stylish and these wines have been made to capture her spirit – gracious and full of vitality, with a dash of indulgence. My lasting memories are of her beautiful clothes and accessories – hats, gloves, shoes, scarves. The Alexia label is a tribute to her and my lovely mother, who inherited a similar zest for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment